Monday, March 26, 2012

Roof vents are in!

Last Saturday was another long day in Lago.. Dom couldn't make it out with me today, so my sister Cara and her boyfriend Mike came out to lend a hand. Thanks a lot guys!! :)  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of them hard at work, so here is a recent pic of them from Disney last January.



My goal for the day was to get the three old, rusty, leaky roof vents out and get the three new Fantastic Vents put in. Larry worked on getting the last lower interior panel in, and Cara and Mike continued work that Dom and Crystal started last weekend, stripping the exterior clear coat.



Hmmmmm
 
After punching and drilling out the many rivets, and starting to scrape the old sealant off
First of 3, all buttoned up. Copious amounts of Vulkem and about 1.5 hours later
Wide open. (Pay no mind to the nasty crud all around, will be a lot shinier soon!)




Dustin-3, roof vents-0!
I also managed to "work" on a pretty awkward sunburn. It was pretty sunny that day, so we all put on sunscreen. But being in a hurry to get out there, I missed a couple of key spots...  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment